Monday 9 May 2011

Recce Info Pack

At school I spoke to Lloyd Wallis today (13.1.11) and asked him if he would be available to help us with the stage lights on Sunday the 23rd of Jan, he said he would be able to. This is helpful as he knows how to work the lights really well and was also recommended by Mr Green when I spoke to him on the 11th. I told Lloyd I would tell him the exact time we need him but it will definitely be after 3 o'clock which he also said was fine.
He also asked if we had arranged for the school to be open and I said I am in the process of it.
I also spoke to Mr Hughes about the size of the backdrop and he said he didn't know either, so I went to Mr Rothwell, a woodwork teacher to borrow a tapemeasure and I measured the background myself. While I was there I took pictures of the location for the 'Recce Info pack':
Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Obviously from this there are a few issues concerning this location. The large amount of chairs will need moving so they are out of shot, this is fairly difficult and will be time consuming on the day, however, it is essential these are not in shot.
The backdrop is inappropriate and I have been constantly searching for solutions to changing it.
It also occurred to me that the stage is being used as storage for exam tables while the January exam period goes on, I will have to research this a bit further as it will not look professional if there are tables even behind the side curtains (as shown in one of the pictures, however, more were put on the stage after I took the pictures).

I measured the height to be 10 ft and the width to be 20ft. I am inquiring into different fabrics and curtains however I don't think I will be able to arrange anything in this time and may be a case of just taking the backdrop down which would reveal a white wall, with a few scrapes and marks on it.

Extra location information:
Sawtry Community College contact info: link - this link leads to a map, address and other contact details of the college.

No comments:

Post a Comment