Tuesday 10 May 2011

Final DVD Cover

The final DVD cover took a while to finish as it was difficult to find a suitable image as many of them were unattractive and unflattering pictures. However I found this picture to be particularly interesting due to the unusual angle that was inspired by DreamGirls:
Due to the camera being behind The Harmonettes singers it connotes the idea of the audience being on stage with the band and a part of the process and a 'candid' moment is created.
It was difficult to source any actual Motown era material but found the following few images to be of interest, but our DVD does not specifically replicate any elements from it:

 

As there are no actual Motown creations of DVDs our DVD cover is essentially an original idea. The use of the 60's style microphone was a key advertising ploy to those who are a fan of that era of music but also indicates to the audience what is within the DVD, this is also described in the short blurb.

I edited this cover completely on my own, and had suggestions from Max but due to the deadlines needing to be reached, I ensured I edited in my frees and lunch times when I could (I couldn't do a lot of editing at home as my free trial of photoshop run out) and eventually got it done. I edited the saturation of the red dresses, increased the lens flare, added the logo and band name and sharpened the girls themselves. Max suggested getting rid of the tripod in the background and so I attempted this however is was very difficult and looked better with it in. The microphone on the back cover was a picture that was previously in colour and so I added a cooling effect over and over again until it the colour eventually replicated the blue near the lens flare and the lens flare behind the microphone a the bottom had a red tinge to represent the dresses. Exempt from certification logos were added as well as the DVD logo and a bar code which fits the conventions of having a transparent background so the image behind can be seen, I ensured I replicated this.

No comments:

Post a Comment