Tuesday 10 May 2011

Past Work


This is an example of my past production coursework which demonstrates what I am capable of rather than the preliminary task that we had to undergo before we undertook our real coursework production. Firstly for AS I was teamed up with Max again and one other, however, the extra ended up leaving the group and the school completely. This hindered us to some extent as the extra was slowing down the production process but when Max and I were left to get things done ourselves, we worked well together and produced something we were both happy about with little dispute. I believe we were able to take on the roles that the other person had and worked effectively despite the added tasks.

As I did not do media at GCSE level, my AS year was very much a learning process and the first time I had properly used a camera or video editing software. I learned that time management is key and aiming to finish work before a deadline is key. The use of a storyboard was particularly important to our project and I also think working with another person is good when trying to create one; this is something me and Max did last year and have implemented this year. I am pleased with the overall look of the shots and as I was the female protagonist, we did test runs of the shot, both watched it back which enabled us to frame the shot better, re-position the camera if necessary and get effective shots with the limited time we had.

This year we have benefited from improved technology at the school which will help as well as having relevant workshops; this in itself has improved the skills needed in production and I believe any flaws (such as the lighting in the AS production) can be improved and the creativity can be increased. I have learned to use the people in my team to improve ideas and work before deadlines to ensure any problems encountered can be dealt with. For example, in the preliminary task of 'cut to the beat', I was producer and ensured that we filmed well before the deadline, this was beneficial as the footage got deleted off the camera, however, we then had to change our idea completely and in the end missed the deadline, the editing was then thrown together in a way which I was extremely unhappy with and last minute changes were made by a team member which I had no knowledge of and , in my opinion, ruined the video completely. From this I have learned to have more input into the final editing process to ensure continuity.


No comments:

Post a Comment