Monday 9 May 2011

11.1.11

Molly notified me she wouldn't be in the lesson today (11.1.11) and so Max, Zoe and I were left to discuss things. However there wasn't much conversation so Max text Molly to ask if she received an email back from Ian but she hadn't so I decided to ring him instead because we didn't have the time to wait for him to respond. (He has been given the whole of the Christmas period to get back to us)
I made sure I had the list of questions I mentioned in the forwarded email to Molly, and Max came with me for moral support (haha).
During the phone call, I asked what was going on with the Peppercorn studios and if we were able to film there, he said it would more than likely be unavailable as there is a drama class that uses the room on a Sunday; so it has been forced upon us to use our school's stage. I am not happy about this as the aesthetics of the music video will be significantly hindered due to the condition of the stage but I plan to improve it as much as possible.
Just in case there was a slight chance we can still use Peppercorn Studios, I asked Ian to take pictures and send them to Molly's email as he mentioned he was going there himself today for a different matter. He also said he was unable to communicate with the owner of the Studios.
I also asked him about the microphones and he said he would definitely be able to get hold of one, which is good news although we now need to find another two.
Another thing Ian mentioned was one of the girls couldn't make it until 3 o'clock so we will have to work our production schedule through this.
I asked for the names of the three girls so I could contact them myself through facebook as Mr Sheppard said we couldn't rely on our representative to contact everyone, Ian also said that he didn't have a number or email address, only facebook details.
He spelt out the names of the girls and I wrote them down, when I got home I tried to find the girls however because 2 out of 3 of the profiles are set to private so they cannot receive friend requests or messages, this was problematic so I messaged Kay Elkin... or who I believe to be one of the singers...the following message:
Just in case this wasn't the right lady, (I couldn't be sure by her profile picture), I kept the message quite vague as to not bother someone that could potentially not know anything about this project. I chose the language carefully when writing this as I didn't want to come across as too formal so then I seem unapproachable but I kept it reasonably professional and also asked her if she could ask the others to add me or send me a message. This is a hindrance to the communication, again having to rely on someone else but due to privacy issues it was an appropriate solution.
I also asked Ian to follow the conversation up with an email to confirm what was said etc, so i assume he will send that along with the pictures of Peppercorn Studios in one email to Molly.

After saying that I wasn't happy about using the school's stage as the location for the music video, Mr Sheppard said that I should look into ways of making it more attractive and suggested a 'glitter cloth' which is something Max and I have discussed before; we got the idea previously from the film Dream Girls. An example of what we were thinking of can be found below:

Although when we thought of it earlier we didn't think it would be possible. I have decided to research the glitter cloth idea further.

After the lesson I then decided to go and talk to Mr Green about being able to use the stage on Sunday 23rd of January and also if i would be able to use the lights, he said it was perfectly fine with him, it was a case of getting permission from the main office as the school would need to be open specifically for us. He gave me the name of the lady I needed to speak to. I asked him if he knew the measurements of the stage and he said he didn't but I could talk to Mr Hughes who paints the backdrop of the stage and so I plan to talk to him this week.
I also asked if he had any of the 50's style microphones but he doesn't; he will look out for us but cannot guarantee anything which is understandable.
Overall I think today has been quite productive and I plan to speak to the following people this week:
- Mr Hughes - To see if he knows the measurements of the stage, if not I'll get my tape measure out.
- Graham Wilkinson - To get information about possible costumes for the three ladies, I will do this when I have the three ladies measurements.
- Mrs Cadigan - To inquire about using the hall on a Sunday and how I would go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment