Monday 9 May 2011

Backdrop Inquiry

I emailed a company called Starscape (on 11.1.11) who sell 'star cloths'. I came across this when researching the suggested backdrop of a 'glitter cloth', I hadn't heard of either of these before but I typed in what Mr Sheppard said and it came up with this; a large curtain with LED lights embedded into it and so I thought that is what he meant.
Also after speaking to Mr Green about a glitter cloth he suggested that I do not mention that I am a student and say that I am from the college which is exactly what I did.


Obviously with a budget of £0, paying £820 for something would be out of the question however it was to some extent useful to contact this company as I realised it probably was not what Mr Sheppard meant by a glitter cloth.

Another Possibility:
A few days later I randomly wen to Dunelm in Huntingdon one evening to look at fabrics for possible backdrops and I found a certain few rolls that could be usefull. They are thin, bits of material with a slight sheen which can be useful for adding at least something to the background and when draped to overlap slightly, they can increase the colour density but with just one layer the colour isn't too garish.
I will talk to Mr Sheppard about funds as he said the school will could possibly put the money towards purchasing it.
I found the fabric in the end of roll bin and some where labelled as 99p/ metre or £2.99/ metre and I took some pictures of the fabric so I can show the team on my phone tomorrow:




The colours I am interested in are the gold sheen, silver sheen, blue sheen and black sheen. Obviously I wont be purchasing all of these colours but I need some feedback as to which would benefit the set and make the band members stand out as they are wearing black. It will also be a case of buying large strips of the fabric in order to cover the stage effectively as it would be impossible to get fabric larger than 10ft by 20ft in order to get the draped effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment