Tuesday 10 May 2011

DVD Extras

As I have been given the role of Producer in the DVD extras task, I ensured that there was someone who was dedicated to filming the behind the scenes shots on the recording day of the 23rd of January. This happened to be Connor who was going to be with me at the weekend anyway and so it made sense to get him to do it as it didn't require anyone to specifically travel to the school on Sunday. I made sure he was briefed before the shoot so he knew what to film, he expressed concerns about asking randomers questions, we solved this problem by filming the interviews with the band after the shoot and so someone was there to ask the questions while Connor had the camera. It was useful to have him on the day as it enabled all of us to appear in the footage and we are all seen communicating and setting up different cameras. It also has a 'fly on the wall' perspective.

At School
I have now downloaded the behind the scenes footage to one of the computers in the Media room so there is no chance of it being lost, I have learnt this from past projects where the footage was seemingly cleared from the camera.
I have also imported all the clips into Adobe Premiere Pro and labelled each one so that I will remember what is in the shot, this makes for easy reference and it will also be easier when it comes to putting it altogether.

At Home
I was going to set up the DVD interface tonight however after having watched the tutorial which shows how to create a DVD, I need the Adobe Encore CS3 software and so I will create this when I am next free at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment