Monday 9 May 2011

10.1.11

During our media lesson on 10.1.11:
 we discussed the progress of the project with Mr Sheppard, there are a few key things that need to be solved:

- Confirm the location
- See the location before the actual shoot
- Get the costumes ready/ send the band a shopping list with examples of where to get certain things.

Most of these concerns were highlighted before I had this conversation as I sent Molly an email with questions. As a designer, I need to see what the location looks like and with that I will be able to draw an accurate set design and layout which will save a lot of time on the filming day. It is essential as much time is saved as possible as we are sharing the filming day with another group.

I also need to ensure that the costumes are ready for the band to purchase themselves and I have been given a contact, Graham Wilkinson, who has a costume shop in Huntingdon. It is worthwhile to at least go and speak to him to see if he has any appropriate costumes and they cost £10 or there abouts. I plan to visit him during the week and can arrange things quickly.

I also plan to ring the band representative with what I am planning to do in terms of costume, the males need to buy white braces which is easy enough to do, the main concern is the three girls. I will also ask Ian for the dress sizes and measurements of the girls so then there is time saved when I visit Graham and I wont have to revisit and can give him the sizes there and then.

Another thing which I will do, if the costume man isn't able to help, is go on clothing websites such as New Look, Next, Dorothy Perkins etc and find clothes from then, which will enable to girls to purchase dresses from these shops which can be found in a wide range of places and so it is more likely the girls can get them in time.

After the lesson:
During a mutual free period, Max and I started to discuss the ideas for the video and how we thought it should look. We discussed ideas for a storyboard and began to create a brief shot list. Last year, Max and I worked together last year for our AS project when we had to create a thriller/ horror opening, we tended to bounce ideas off each other and can easily communicate what we think works well and so we have decided to do this again this year.
It is important that I have input into the shots as well as my role includes overseeing the look of the band as well as the set.
As previously mentioned, we haven't seen or confirmed where we are filming yet and so when we finally do the shot list, storyboard and description will be more detailed. But for now, Max and I will continue to work on the brief list, bouncing ideas, until we come up with something that works.

We have agreed that we want the following things:
- Three ladies standing in a slight triangle formation
- White center lighting - This would be centered on the main singer, and the two back ups would be lit slightly dimmer (we've yet to decide what other lighting effects, if any)
- Overlapping backlights

No comments:

Post a Comment