Monday 9 May 2011

22.1.11

I was unable to sort out the fabric for the background so I had to come up with a new solution which was getting the band name projected onto the back of the stage.
I knew the other group using the stage were going to project their name as well so luckily I didn't need to arrange getting a projector for Sunday.
As I didn't have Photoshop on my laptop at home, I used paint:

Firstly, I downloaded the specific font previously discussed and installed it onto my laptop so I would be able to use it in programs such as Paint, Word etc. This would save the trouble of trying to edit a print screen from a font website.
The following print screen shows the 3 simple steps it took to create the background.

Basically, I had three different layers of text and overlapped them slightly off set which created a shadow effect. I did experiment with just 2 layers of grey and black however I thought it looked a little dull and added the white layer. I had to ensure the transparent button was pressed in order to show the bottom layers. Overall this took about 10 minutes to create as I had to start over again each time I developed the idea as the undo button wouldn't undo enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment