Monday 9 May 2011

Photography Research

In preparation for the photoshoot on Sunday after we have finished filming the music video, I decided to research ways in which Motown bands were photographed in their promotional media and to see if I will be able to implement any elements found. It may be a case of coming up with something original as I have a strong interest in Photography and have good knowledge of portrait photography as I did a course and based the coursework around portraits, some of it can be seen here.






These images are all possible examples of how the three singers could appear, I will use the conventional simple lighting and perhaps the triangle formation to show the lead singer more dominant that the others, this will allow the image to appear less flat and eye catching if they are not just standing in a line.
Some Motown bands feature poses and actions which are perhaps outdated and a modern audience wouldn't appreciate, we can try it on the day and see if it works once edited however I would prefere to go with something more elegant and stylish as oposed to cheesy as I believe it would advertise the band better when used for the DVD cover and promotional poster.
This photo is a more modern approach to the promontional stuff but I like the visible light bulb and so I will try to take some pictures like this throughout the filming day.

No comments:

Post a Comment