Tuesday 10 May 2011

Editing - Behind the Scenes

As all footage from the main filming and the behind the scenes filming has been transferred to the computers, the editing was quickly ensued.
We split into two groups, Max and Zoe who were to focus on editing the main music video together whereas Molly and myself were to focus on the behind the scenes documentary. This would hopefully ensure both products are edited within the internal deadline.

The process of editing the behind the scenes footage was very time consuming and a little worrying as looking at the interview of the singers, there was not a lot of worth while footage. I didn't think it was a good portrayal in the interview to show one of the singers to be eating in the background, it didn't look professional which could have given the wrong impression to the viewers.
Having watched some behind the scenes interviews from films as well as music videos I found that whoever is being interviewed, their name usually fades into view as well as their role within the production and so I decided to use this in our documentary. I asked Mr Sheppard for help in how to do this as I was unsure and then I was able to create the text for each person that appears. I had several problems were if I tried to create a new text with a different name then it would overwrite all the others to have that person's name and role and eventually figured out how to correct this.
I also decided to include the song quietly playing throughout the documentary and faded the song to silence when certain shots that included the band playing their repetoire of songs. This would advertise the band to play not just one song and could influence employers to hire them.
I wanted the documentary to have a sort of introduction and so used the promotional stills consisting of individual medium close ups of the three singers, showed each one in turn with fades between them and then finally displaying a three shot of the singers with the band name. I feel this introduces the band and the idea that the video is a documentary as opposed to another music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment